|Original Airdate:||October 3, 1969|
|Written by:||Laurence Marks|
|Directed by:||Bruce Bilson|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman, William A. Calihan & Jerry London|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
Story Notes Edit
- This is the one hundred and twenty-second episode of the series, but is the one hundred and twentieth to be shown on television and the second episode shown for the Fifth Season.
- As originally broadcast, Hogan and Klink appeared in character after the episode's conclusion to inform viewers of a programming time change. The closing credits are sped up to compensate for time.
- A reference is made to a mythical place: Shangri-La, made popular in the James Hilton novel, Lost Horizon. It is also remembered in history as the place from which President Roosevelt claimed the Doolittle bombing raid on Tokyo was launched. The Essex class aircraft carrier USS Shangri-La, built during World War II, was named for it.
- The secret closet listening post, hidden in the wall between Klink's outer and inner offices and located behind a picture of SS Reichsführer Himmler, is first used in this episode.
- Carter bought a motorcycle at some point before the war.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This appears to take place in late 1944.
- This probably takes place some time after A Klink, A Bomb and a Short Fuse. Klink was also issued a new codebook in that episode. Apparently another code change was required, reasons unknown. Also, Klink appears to have a new safe, which is noticeably smaller than the old one.
- Kinch - with faux German accent - calls Klink on the switchboard, claiming to be sergeant of the guard. The sergeant of the guard at Stalag 13 is Schultz, yet Kinch's German accent hardly resembles that of John Banner. Nevertheless, Klink falls for the masquerade without hesitation, and - less then a minute afterwards - is seen addressing Schultz regarding the call.
- The Well at TV.com
- The Well at the Internet Movie Database
- The Well episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
Hogan Goes Hollywood
| Next episode:|
The Klink Commandos