|Episode:||The Purchasing Plan|
|Original Airdate:||February 22, 1969|
|Written by:||Laurence Marks|
|Directed by:||Marc Daniels|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman, William A. Calihan & Jerry London|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
- General Albert Burkhalter - Leon Askin
- Major Wolfgang Hochstetter - Howard Caine
- Fräulein Hilda - Sigrid Valdis
Guest Stars Edit
Story Notes Edit
- This is the one hundred and sixteenth episode of the series, but it is the one hundredth and fourteenth episode to be shown on television and is the twenty-second episode shown for the Fourth Season.
- Carter mentions that he has a younger brother.
- Before the war, Carter worked at a drugstore, but was studying to take the Indiana state pharmaceutical exam. He also aspired to someday become a brain surgeon.
- Schultz states that the main reason he re-enlisted in the German military was to avoid any more problems with the Nazis. Being a soldier kept him away from politics ... and trouble.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- Burkhalter forces Klink to cut camp expenses in this episode. This will cause him to begin dipping out of the camp officer's club funds in order to maintain his lifestyle, as mentioned in later episodes. Burkhalter utters a veiled Russian Front threat by telling Klink he may have the opportunity to catch his own caviar on the Volga River. This places the episode in 1942 when Axis armies were near their easternmost extent.
When Newkirk starts to smoke a cigarette near the ammunition, Hogans says the next person who lights a cigarette will be court-martialed. Meanwhile there are open flame lamps on the walls..
- The Purchasing Plan at TV.com
- The Purchasing Plan at the Internet Movie Database
- The Purchasing Plan episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
Up In Klink's Room
| Next episode:|