|Original Airdate:||December 16, 1967|
|Written by:||Richard M. Powell|
|Directed by:||Edward H. Feldman|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & William A. Calihan|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
Hogan plays a waiting game with a German General. The scheming General has planted a rocket fuel depot right outside Stalag 13 in hopes of trapping the area's resident saboteur, whom he suspects is Hogan.
Story Notes Edit
- This is the eighty-first produced episode of the series, but is the seventy-seventh episode to be shown on television and is the fifteenth episode shown for the Third Season.
- Nita Talbot was nominated for an Emmy Award for her performance in this episode.
- General von Heiner (Theodore Marcuse) is the first German to discover one of our heroes' bugs in Klink's office.
- The events of The Safecracker Suite are referenced ("Remember that time they were checking on your loyalty, sir?")
- Carter and LeBeau wear the homemade candle headlamps first worn by Carter and Newkirk in The Flight of the Valkyrie.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This episode takes place shortly before July 14, 1944 - Bastille Day, as referenced by LeBeau. He asks if they can blow up the rocket fuel depot on Bastille Day.
- This is the first time that our heroes have seen Marya since A Tiger Hunt in Paris, according to Hogan.
- The Hostage at TV.com
- The Hostage at the Internet Movie Database
- The Hostage episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
Everybody Loves a Snowman
| Next episode:|
Carter Turns Traitor