|Original Airdate:||April 8, 1966|
|Written by:||Richard M. Powell|
|Directed by:||Edward H. Feldman|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & Bernard Fein|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
- Fraulein Helga - Cynthia Lynn
- General Albert Burkhalter - Leon Askin
- Colonel Rodney Crittendon - Bernard Fox
Guest Stars Edit
Story Notes Edit
- This is the thirty-first produced episode of the series, but is the twenty-ninth episode to be shown on television.
- Larry Mann (Doctor Vanetti) is known for his work as the voice of "Yukon Cornelius" in Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- A rare use of impossible sound effects is displayed in this episode: As Hogan leaves Klink's office and fingers the arrow in the door, an external "boing" sound is used to accentuate the action.
- A mythical figure is mentioned in the episode: Robin Hood.
- This is the second series appearance by Colonel Crittendon (Bernard Fox). It is at this time that he learns the truth about our heroes.
- This is the only time any plan by Colonel Crittendon comes close to succeeding!
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- Dr. Vanetti was Enrico Fermi's classmate at the University of Göttingen in 1924, as referenced in the episode.
- A date sometime in the spring of 1944 appears to be implied.
- This takes place before Two Nazis for the Price of One, as our heroes do not as yet know anything about the Manhattan Project.
- This is the second time that Hogan demonstrates some knowledge of atomic research and its implications. The first was Go Light on the Heavy Water.
- The Assassin at TV.com
- The Assassin at the Internet Movie Database
- The Assassin episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- The Assassin episode on YouTube
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
I Look Better in Basic Black
| Next episode:|
Cupid Comes to Stalag 13