|Episode:||LeBeau and the Little Old Lady|
|Original Airdate:||February 24, 1968|
|Written by:||Arthur Julian|
|Directed by:||Bruce Bilson|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & William A. Calihan|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
LeBeau tells the others he is taking messages to a little old lady, when really she is a beautiful underground agent he has fallen for.
Story Notes Edit
- This is the ninety-first produced episode of the series, but is the eighty-seventh to be shown on television and the twenty-fifth episode shown for the Third Season.
- Actress Celeste Yarnall (Wilhelmina) is perhaps better known for her supporting role in the Star Trek TOS episode "The Apple."
- This episode appears to take place in Hammelburg, although the city is never named. This is due both to Hochstetter's presence and the relative ease of LeBeau in reaching Wilhelmina from Stalag 13.
- Agent Wilhelmina is probably named for Queen Wilhelmina, the ruler of Holland at the time and an ardent supporter of the Dutch resistance.
- Mount Everest, the highest mountain on Earth, is mentioned in the episode.
- The German Reichstag is mentioned in the episode.
- This is one of the rare instances in which Newkirk turns down the chance to spend some time with a girl.
- The old army saying, "Tell it to the chaplin" is refererenced when Newkirk gives the address of his old unit chaplin to LeBeau, saying, "Write to him about your troubles."
- The sign by the flower shop ("Blumen für Beerdigung") means "Flowers for Funerals."
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This appears to take place in the spring of 1944, sometime prior to the D-Day invasion at Normandy.
- The Gestapo appears to be acting on intelligence about the underground first gathered during their initial crackdown on Hammelburg a few short months before ("The Battle of Stalag 13").
- LeBeau and the Little Old Lady at TV.com
- LeBeau and the Little Old Lady at the Internet Movie Database
- LeBeau and the Little Old Lady episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
What Time Does the Balloon Go Up?
| Next episode:|
How to Escape from a Prison Camp Without Even Trying