|Episode:||Klink vs. The Gonculator|
|Original Airdate:||October 5, 1968|
|Written by:||Phil Sharp|
|Directed by:||Bruce Bilson|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & William A. Calihan|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
Hogan leads Klink to believe a rabbit trap is actually a secret electronic device known as a gonculator (or gonkulator) in order for Klink to bring in an electronics expert who wishes to defect to the Allies.
Story Notes Edit
- This is both the ninety-fourth produced episode of the series and the ninety-fourth episode to be shown on television and the second episode shown for the Fourth Season.
- Klink uncharacteristically wears a ring on the third finger of his left hand.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This episode appears to take place during the summer of 1944, given the V-2 rocket references.
- In this episode, Colonel Hogan mentions working in the Pentagon. This is a snafu by the writers because the Pentagon would not have been built or in use at the time Colonel Hogan would have been there before the war. It was completed on January 15, 1943 and by all accounts, Hogan was attached to the RAF before the United States was involved in the war.
Main article at Gonculator
The term "gonculator" (sometimes spelled "gonkulator") has since appeared in online dictionaries and been used for a real electronic device and a heavy metal band. Gonkulator Day is a holiday that appears in a book and several calendars, and is celebrated on the 5th of October, the original airdate of "Klink vs. The Gonculator".
- Gonkuator and/or gonculator is defined on Dictionary.com, Webster-Dictionary.com, Urban Dictionary, and other sources.
- Gonkulator is a heavy metal/grindcore band formed in 1993 in Massachusetts.
- The DOD Gonkulator Ring Modulator was produced in the 1990s and had an updated version created in 2015.
- Gonkulator Day is listed on the 5th of October in several calendars, especially Discordian ones, and was declared a holiday by the Discordian Division of the Ek-sen-triks CluborGuild.
- The book Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia: The Tales of Shamlicht lists Gonkulator Day aka Gonculator Day with a full description of the Hogan's Heroes device and the holyday.
- Klink vs. The Gonculator at TV.com
- Klink vs. The Gonculator at the Internet Movie Database
- Klink vs. The Gonculator episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
Clearance Sale at the Black Market
| Next episode:|
How to Catch a Papa Bear