|Original Airdate:||October 4, 1970|
|Written by:||Phil Sharp|
|Directed by:||Richard Kinon|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman, William A. Calihan & Jerry London|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
- Sergeant Richard Baker - Kenneth Washington
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
- Rhoda - Victoria Carroll
- Underground Agent #1 - David Frank
- Underground Agent #3 - Karl Bruck
- Underground Agent #2 - Bard Stevens
Story Notes Edit
- This is both the one hundred and forty-seventh produced episode of the series and the one hundred and forty-seventh to be shown on television, and is also the third episode shown for the Sixth Season.
- A famous painter is mentioned in the episode: Rembrandt.
- This is the third time that our heroes get a camp mascot, in the form of LeBeau's new pet pigeon.
- LeBeau has 11 brothers and sisters.
- The emergency tunnel collapses from the concussion of a bomb dropped by a German plane.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This takes place no earlier than the end of 1944, and more likely in early 1945. The SS panzer division that has been stationed in Hamburg is in defense of the Fatherland itself. Some fans even put this near the end of the series, timewise, given what happens to the emergency tunnel.
While Klink has been talking to Hogan, Langenscheidt has been helping the heroes do a "puzzle":
- Klink: (going to leave) Langenscheidt. (the Corporal keeps going with the puzzle) Langenscheidt! This is for the prisoners! Find some other way to amuse yourself!
The street scene of Klink's car arriving at the art gallery is authentic German footage, but at least ten years postwar. Several Volkswagens are visible, including a Karmann Ghia which puts the footage not earlier than 1955. There is no wartime blackout as a showroom and several signs are fully illuminated, and car headlights are completely exposed.
- Klink's Masterpiece at TV.com
- Klink's Masterpiece at the Internet Movie Database
- Klink's Masterpiece episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
| Next episode:|
Lady Chitterly's Lover, Part 1