|Episode:||It Takes a Thief... Sometimes|
|Original Airdate:||January 28, 1966|
|Written by:||Richard M. Powell|
|Directed by:||Howard Morris|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & Bernard Fein|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
- Captain Heinrich - Michael Constantine
- Michelle - Claudine Longet
- Adolph - Edgar Winston
- Wolfgang - Chris Anders
Story Notes Edit
- This is both the twentieth produced episode of the series and the twentieth episode to be shown on television.
- Michael Constantine (Captain Heinrich), would go on to star as the worried principal Seymour Kaufman in Room 222, and more recently as the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
- This is the first time in the series that none of the series' semi-regulars characters did not appear in an episode for two consecutive episodes.
- The Rolling Stones made Claudine Longet (Michelle) the subject of a song that was eventually cut from the 1980 album Emotional Rescue. It was simply titled, "Claudine". Copies of the song have survived, thanks to piracy.
- The pickup truck that Captain Heinrich drives is a 1947 Ford half-ton according to some sources. However, the extra signal lights atop the fenders resemble those on a 1942 model ... and it was not until the 1948 model year that Ford vehicles really developed a post-war look (as seen in The Gold Rush).
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- There are no solid date references in this episode. In keeping with the majority of the first season episodes, it could take place anytime during 1943 or even early 1944. It is possible to narrow this range somewhat; see below.
- The destruction of the munitions train is from The Great Impersonation. The stolen Tiger tank is from Hold That Tiger. The destroyed munitions dump is from The Prisoner's Prisoner. Therefore, this episode takes place after all three of these.
- References are made to Berlin not being able to spare any troops - no doubt due to the Russians.
- It Takes a Thief... Sometimes at TV.com
- It Takes a Thief... Sometimes at the Internet Movie Database
- It Takes a Thief... Sometimes episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- It Takes a Thief... Sometimes episode on YouTube
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
| Next episode:|
The Great Impersonation