|Original Airdate:||February 10, 1968|
|Written by:||Laurence Marks|
|Directed by:||John Rich|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman & William A. Calihan|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
- Anna Gebhart - Louise Troy
- Gestapo Guard - Bard Stevens
- Diner in Hotel - L. E. Young
- Blue Fox - Chet Stratton
- Vandermeer - Karl Bruck
Story Notes Edit
- This is both the eighty-fifth produced episode of the series and the eighty-fifth to be shown on television and the twenty-third episode shown for the Third Season.
- The name Axis Annie is a reference to the Nazi broadcaster Axis Sally.
- Hochstetter is wearing his Gestapo plainclothes.
- Hogan's birthplace is named in this episode by Axis Annie as Bridgeport, Connecticut. This will be contradicted by SS Major Pruhst in a later episode ("Hogan's Double Life"), where it is given as Cleveland, Ohio.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This episode takes place on July 15-18, 1944. Our heroes' mission is to pass along the complete plans to the German rocket base and production facilities at Peenemunde.
- This episode takes place quite some time before Who Stole My Copy of Mein Kampf?. Otherwise, somebody at the Propaganda Ministry might have remembered Axis Annie's tangle with Hogan and the heroes.
- Hogan states that he has been a POW in Stalag 13 for two years. This roughly corresponds with the date given in the series pilot, The Informer -- sometime in 1942. It also matches with the presumed date that he was shot down - late July of 1942 (Hogan Gives a Birthday Party).
After the tape is peeled off Carter's back, Newkirk says "Speedy Gonzalez." This refers to a Warner Bros. cartoon character who first appeared on screen in 1953, eight years after WW2 ended.
- Axis Annie at TV.com
- Axis Annie at the Internet Movie Database
- Axis Annie episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
Duel of Honor
| Next episode:|
What Time Does the Balloon Go Up?